What is Green Building?
Green Building is about a commitment to building healthy, energy efficient, durable and environmentally responsible homes and neighborhoods. This commitment involves a coordinated approach to constructing each neighborhood and home through an efficient use of resources friendly to our environment.
Our Green Building ProgramAirhart Construction's program is based on The National Association of Home Builder's Model Green Home Building Guidelines. We are continually reviewing our systems, products and construction techniques in order to improve our homes for both our homeowners and our environment. Using the template developed by the NAHB as a guide, we continue to look for ways to make our homes "healthier" and more comfortable.
Benefits of Building Green with Airhart Construction:
Benefits for HomeownerAt the core of our green building efforts is making sure our homeowners are served. Ways in which we do this include:
• Reduced energy cost through building energy efficient homes which exceed Energy Star® guidelines;
• Enhanced durability of your home and lower on-going maintenance costs by building with low maintenance exterior finishes, which are sure to stand up to the elements;
• Improving the indoor air quality by ensuring the HVAC system is sized correctly and bringing in fresh air to create a healthy indoor air environment as well as providing proper venting for expelling pollutants generated in the home; and
• Efficient use of resources and recycled materials that give you the confidence of knowing that your home has a reduced impact on the environment.
Benefits to the EnvironmentGreen building is all about the efficient use of resources to create and maintain a clean, healthy and vibrant environment. Green built homes have less impact on the environment because they are designed to:
• Conserve natural resources by use of recycled and renewable resources;
• Be energy efficient which causes less pollution and requires less energy;
• Produce less waste by effecient design and recycling;
• Use durable materials having a longer life cycle requiring less maintenance and replacement; and
• Include environmentally minded design, products and processes.
The ResultOver the last five decades, Airhart Construction has garnered a solid reputation for service and integrity while building homes of unsurpassed excellence. Throughout this time, the family-owned-and-operated business has never lost sight of what is important to the customer - ensuring the highest standards of quality, buyer satisfaction and building energy efficient homes.
As a result of these priorities, Airhart Construction has continually strived to improve the way we build and the materials we use. We are proud to have been named an "Energy Star® Partner" home builder by Energy Star®, a government/industry partnership formed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
We take our responsibility as good stewards of our environment very seriously. This is why Airhart Construction has made a commitment to Green Building and chosen to follow the National Association of Home Builder's Model Green Home Building Guidelines. In fact, Airhart Construction has met and exceeded the points necessary to reach the bronze level and we look forward to constantly improving. Our goal is to continue expanding the sustainable products and construction practices we use, being good stewards of the resources we use as we build your new home.